Originally constructed in 1925, the historic Lamar House was moved from its original site by the City of Phoenix ‐‐ as part of the Post Apartments project ‐‐ to a new site, to allow major development on the original land.
The building had been vacant for many years, most recently used as a four unit boarding house.
Desert Viking renovated the four‐plex to allow for two market rate townhomes. The exterior was restored,
a two-story addition and a separate detached building for (2) two‐car garages was designed. All interior partitions and
new stairs were constructed due to the condition of the existing ones.
Renovation was completed without disturbing the historic contents of the building. Each property is two stories,
adjacent to one another. Both units contain re-designed bathrooms, master bedrooms and pantries. The
remodeled kitchens include double ovens and a cook‐top at the island. The Lamar Residence is individually
listed on the City of Phoenix Historic Register.
Project Address: W Latham St, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Project Type: Residential
Original Use: 4‐plex apartment unit
Renovated Use: Two townhome units
Year Built: Circa 1925
Year Renovated: 2003
Building Size: 4,260 SF
Tenants: Private Residence